Thread: Error installing kali-linux-1.0.6-amd64-mini.iso during "Select and Install packages"

Error installing kali-linux-1.0.6-amd64-mini.iso during "Select and Install packages"

I'm having a problem installing Kali with a mini ISO burned to a CD. I can get all the way to the "Select and Install packages" step, but when progress reaches 90%, an error pops up stating that an error has occurred in this installation step. If I try to relaunch the "Select and Install Packages", it immediately pops the same error. In the syslog debug log (near the bottom), it says that there was an error with "umount: can't umount /target/run: Device or resource busy". Does anyone know whats wrong with my install?
    Attached Files Attached Files

same problem here , i will try without the 'netinstall' to be sure

Same issue with USB

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    same problem here , i will try without the 'netinstall' to be sure
    I have this same issue with USB an it seems so do many ppl .... Nothing I do changes this..... was this an issue with 1.0.5 ???

I to have have had this same problem. This happened to me when I was trying to install kali on virtualbox.

DreadAgent,

I've had much success with this type of install. Perhaps I may be able to help you but I need to know if you are installing on a VM/VB or HD/DD (virtual or hard drive)??? I haven't tried to install kali mini on a VM rather the full edition. It also fails at some point. After much practice with VM installation, I was sure and ready for Hard Disk. The full installation also failed and I was forced to repartition my whole Drive and reinstall every OS I had because I could not recover the existing partitions for some reason. Anywho! Kali-mini was a straightforward process and I would like to help you figure this out.

There was one issue I did encounter but it was network related. After reconnecting the process continued without any difficulty of installation. As a starter, Try downloading the mini again and use a DVD. I'm not sure if you ment DVD but said CD.