Thread: Unable to install Kali

Unable to install Kali

I'm new here and seeking for help

Every time I try to install Kali into my computer as a dual boot with windows 7 it freezes. When I choose "graphical install" it freezes, when I choose "install" it just freezes, I have pressed tab and changed the vga mode but it has no effect. The weird thing is the live works without an issue and I have followed the installation instructions to the letter both usb and cd installation guides.

I have tried, few different dvds and a usb drive, I have downloaded it multiple times and checked that it's a proper image before I tried it.

I am running a hp dv6 2137 eo. I have noticed that the wifi light on my computer changes from orange to blue after I choose an installation and after that it freezes. I have no idea how to disable the wificard during the installation to see if its causing the problem. I do have ati hd 4650 card as a gpu. I have partitioned my hard drive so that I have 200 gigs of free space.

I loved backtrack on my old laptop (I haven't used it in ages since the old timer had to go, I used to have the backtrack 2 and 3) and I would really like to get Kali however. What else: the computer doesn't have anything else installed right now other than windows 7. I have tried using a different monitor but it didn't have any affect at all. Waiting didn't help either... I can hear the dvd stop running after a while and after about half an hour nothing changes so I just force a shutdown.

If you can help me I would appreciate it a lot. I can provide more information if necessary.

I think this is what i use... http://www.supergrubdisk.org/
    Burn it, run it, find os, it boots it up, then you are in the os to detect what is giving you errors

Quote Originally Posted by brazen View Post
    I think this is what i use... http://www.supergrubdisk.org/
    Burn it, run it, find os, it boots it up, then you are in the os to detect what is giving you errors
    I can boot Kali with live-cd I just wanted to install it, however I am unable to do that.