Thread: [Help] USB Not Working At All?

[Help] USB Not Working At All?

So I have a USB stick with 64 bit Kali image on it from using win32diskimager, it boots fine and I can boot into a live environment, however when I go to install the disk I want to install it on another USB so I select the 32GB Usb 3.0 that I have, Kail installs all fine and all options work but when I get to Grub options it only states windows 7 loaders found, which are located on my main HDD not my USB so I select manually to install the grub boot loader to /dev/sdb.

However when press F12 to select my boot devices the USB does not show, So on this 32gb usb 3.0 stick I put the kali image flashed again with win32 and booted live, works fine created a persistence partition ext4, mounted and followed the steps on the guide, rebooted and selected it again with persistence option.

Go to reboot and now the USB device is not visible again?? its random I have installed Kali 32,64 bit, tried encryption no encryption, LVM no LVM, so many options once or twice I have had it booting fine but then after 1 reboot the device vanishes again?? I have no clue what is going on I have been using backbox installed on a usb for months now with no issues can anyone help?

King, how did you get to make the kali work on usb ? I tried and everytime I boot from the usbs it seems to go but then it stops with errors ...
    this is what I did

unetbootin the iso to the usb>reboot from the usb>select default or live on the unetbootin menu>the spam of text shows its booting/starting but then it stops with error about
    not able to boot ;/;/ I tried like 6 different sticks and nothing

oddly, when I burn a cd,,, it goes fine and like after few seconds of scroon text like above and soon the thing boots up fine... no errors in the botting part ;/
    any suggestion?

As for your question, Have you tried with other usb sticks ?

Found out, you need to use windows 32 image writer, no other way worked

Quote Originally Posted by cjtron View Post
    King, how did you get to make the kali work on usb ? I tried and everytime I boot from the usbs it seems to go but then it stops with errors ...
    this is what I did

unetbootin the iso to the usb>reboot from the usb>select default or live on the unetbootin menu>the spam of text shows its booting/starting but then it stops with error about
    not able to boot ;/;/ I tried like 6 different sticks and nothing

oddly, when I burn a cd,,, it goes fine and like after few seconds of scroon text like above and soon the thing boots up fine... no errors in the botting part ;/
    any suggestion?

As for your question, Have you tried with other usb sticks ?