Thread: Kali 64 UEFI Installation problem

Question Kali 64 UEFI Installation problem

Hi,
    I got a problem with not just Kali. I tried many different distributions of Linux. The problem is as long as EFI is involved in the process my linux (actually Kali) is not booting.
    What i have tried :
    Install the normal Kali disc under Legacy --> Installation works and Kali boots fine (no problem)
    but i need EFI
    so i tried next:
    Mount the Kali 64 disc on a USB Drive (recognized as a Harddrive) and adding the Folderstructure : EFI/Boot/Grubx64.efi+Bootx64.efi + somewhatmenu.efi + grub.cfg
    --> Installation worked well without Problems Kali made a EFI partition and root and a swap partition by itself (http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/li...t-blackscreen/) there is the sudo parted -l output the 1TB drive is the one for Linux. So far for the installation when i try to boot it just stops with the screen staying black, right after chosing the bootoption in grub2 bootloader.
    I tried to install Linux Mint Cinnamon : as u know u have to boot mint first to start the installation: it wont boot same black screen(i checked the dvd inherits the EFI/boot folder) in EFI nor in Legacy mode
    I tried the Ubunto last LTS version: same Problem it wont boot not in EFI nor in Legacy
    BTW i used Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.5.2 to create the Kali USB (which is booting as a Live very well using msdos table as u c in the output)
    I downloaded lubuntu alternative dvd : not tested
    and Ubuntu Devian 64 DVD: not tested

Does anyone know why Linux is not working on my Notebook? I got the http://www.medion.com/de/prod/MEDION...%29/30015832A1

I Hope somebody can help me cause it seems to be a tough struggle.
    Kind Regards
    Overload

more information

If u need more Information or any other output plz let me know. I hope it is not as it seems that nobody has a clue how to solve the problem.

Best wishes
    Overload