Hey everyone, for the last 2 days I've been trying to upgrade my machine from a working BT5r3 to Kali but unfortunately there appear to be some major roadblocks when it comes to my GPU's. I have 2 AMD 5670 cards and had catalyst installed in BT5 but as I'm sure everyone is aware fglrx is not functional as of v1.06 with the 3.12 kernel. I tried to revert back to the 3.7 truck with 1.05 but the repos are still broken when it comes to installing fglrx and there are only headers for 3.12. I've dug around and found there was a bug posted for this but there wasn't much of a response to it.

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting fglrx installed in a fresh kali environment? I tried various tutorials found via google with no love and even tried to add the repos for jessie to install fglrx from there. Still nothing. Has anyone had any luck with this?

I see I'm not the only one on the forums here with the same goal but no solutions as of yet. Any idea if this is being worked on? Can anyone point me in the right direction to help just get the drivers installed? I can continue to troubleshoot from there. I'd be happy to post any success I may find here.

Thanks Kali crew!