Thread: System halted aircrack when searching wordlist for keys

System halted aircrack when searching wordlist for keys

Hello,

I just installed Kali version 1.0.6 on my laptop(full installation on HDD). When I'm running the aircrack tool, and it starts to search trough my dictionary, when it have searched around 40k keys it will say something like "System is halting NOW"(it displays really fast so i don't really see much more than that..)

I've tried to google it and looked through the documentation but i can't find anything about it. What might would help is if i could possible get a log file and post it here and someone that's more proficient in Linux/Kali might be able to assist me?

I've tried running the aircrack 4 times, and every time it reach around 40k keys, the error message will come up and the pc will shutdown.

I thought it could just be overheating, but the laptop is barely warm.

The laptop specs is Intel Pentium dual core 2.2 ghz, 4 GB RAM, brand is Acer about 4 years old, so i don't find it likely that it would shutdown due to running out of memory or overstressing itself or anything like that.

Any ideas? It'd probably be great if someone could guide me to find the logfiles(if any) so i can post them here, that should most likely help.

Thanks.

I solved it myself, the problem was that overheating.

thats my problem of my loptop intel i3 when i command airodump-ng and i command also aireplay my comp loptop ..some happens blue screen memory dump cause of restart of the loptop my file that i cant capture cannot save.. any body can help of this problem ill try to reformat my loptop ..its no lock ?