I have been using a 16GB SSD card to boot kali linux 1.0.5 for the last few months on my Samsung Series 3 ARM chromebook. I recently downloaded the 1.0.6 image in hopes of having better hardware support with the new kernel. However, Offensive Security seems to have restructured the partitioning scheme and boot loader. Now, when I perform a "cgpt show" command, I see one chrome os kernel partition, one boot partition, one root partition, and a script partition. It seems the previous boot loader is now using a u-boot loader. This definitely no longer matches the documentation on the Kali site.

When I reboot into the SSD card, the basic boot loader is loaded, but it cannot find the vmlinux.uimg file on the SSD card. It then fails to boot and leaves me with some sort of basic shell (google snow? u-boot?).

Has anyone run across this issue? Can anyone duplicate it or confirm it? I downloaded the image from the torrent, perhaps the direct download link has been fixed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I didn't take the time to manually write down and copy lines of output, but if necessary I can.