Thread: magtek credit card swiper

magtek credit card swiper

https://www.magtek.com/shop/sureSwipe.aspx

Is there a way to get this running on kali?

I am looking to see how to read the information on cards that are swiped.
    I found a video here: *REMOVED YOUTUBE*
    but I was wondering if there was anything pre-installed on kali that can do this as well.

Best Regards,

brazen
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 2014-04-01 at 12:02. Reason: Youtube rule

Are you some kind of troll, .gov guy doing some phishing, stupid criminal, or are you consistently interested in some off the wall stuff that stinks of criminal activity? Just curious. It seems like you may be better off asking those questions on the deep web.

no. I am not a troll, nor a gov guy doing some phishing, nor a stupid criminal. I actually have a small business(printing company) and I do take people's credit card information. I have a scanner and would like to use it. But i just switched over to linux as my main os on my laptop, so when I am with clients at their locations, I would like to use the usb reader that I have...

and as for my old truck... opening it up with rfid is not considered crimial activity. It's my truck.

I see. Perhaps you are legit. Who knows - after all, this is the internet. Yeah, well, so long as you aren't hurting others, I hope someone comes along with a solution for you. Are you running kali as your main OS? ****, I do. Make another username and sudo when you need too. Kali rocks!
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 2014-04-01 at 08:48. Reason: Swearing

lol... naw... the reason i switched to kali was because of a guy i met in a chatroom. Like you, i was looking for privacy operating system. He was the "crazy one" that always went overboard, telling me to create a russian email address etc... he said the best system setup was running whonix on a debian host os. so i was searching debian os' (had bt5r3 on dvd at the time) found out kali switched to debian and i thought... why not have the badest a$$ debian system that is wayyy beyond my talents/abilities and when i want to learn a little bit more... i have kali to fiddle with. so here i am. he was the person that told me about 0bin.net too (another great find). I feel like 007 as i have the option to 'burn after reading'... self destruct button!

back to topic... I have found some things, but it is giving me command line readings of cards. That is not going to help me process them... unless there is a way to build on them. most drivers are for windows only. I can still use my iPad, but i get higher charges when cc's are typed in as opposed to swiped in.