Hello everyone!
I just want to start out with that this is the first post I have done on this forum and I have read most of the more or less relevant posts about GC installation and none have worked, if I have missed a vital thread then I apologies and would appreciate a hint where I could find it.
Right now I have an AMD Radeon R7 M265 card that I'm messing with on 3.12 Kali 64-bit, I have read in a few threads that 3.7 works better with AMD cards but since I don't have access to try the installation in 3.7 I can't give any information if it worked previously.
The post that I have found closest to my problem is at http://www.blackmoreops.com/2014/02/...ersion-3-12-6/
That changed my lspci output so that it actually tells the name of the card: "Display controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Mars [Radeon R7 M265]" however if I do fglrxinfo, fgl_glxgears, glxinfo or glxgears I get:
Code:
X error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 135 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 19 (X_GLXQuaryServerString)
Serial number of failed request: 12
Current serial number in output stream: 12
I guess my question is: is the Radeon R7 M265 card not supported, if it isn't.. is there a place I can read what cards are supported and/or will R7 cards be supported in the future?

If I have missed any information needed I'm deeply sorry and will try to bring out that information as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance for any help or information and have a great day.
-Kasuru