Thread: USB 2.0 Controller not working during 64 Bit Install

USB 2.0 Controller not working during 64 Bit Install

Whenever I try to install Kali 64 Bit from a DVD my USB 2.0 and sometimes my 3.0 controller isn't enumerated. When the bootloader runs and i get to the selection screen of the DVD my USB ports work then when I select Install Kali when I get to the first step the language selection screen my USB stops working. I worked around this and managed to install it once but even after the install it still did not work and sometimes Kali would boot and sometimes i would get errors like out of disk or kernel not found. But if I tried again it would sometimes boot Kali.

I built this new machine that i am using for this.

Gigabyte Motherboard, GA-970A-DS3P
    CPU - AMD 8 Core FX @ 3.5GHz
    16GB PNY Ram
    EVEGA Nvidia GTX 660
    The USB Controller on the front of the case stops and so does the one integrated onto the motherboard. Even after install it can't be enumerated any solutions?

The version of the image is the latest which I downloaded from Kali.org yesterday 1.0.6 64Bit.

It is a BIOS issue I have the same motherboard and I had the same problem with Kali and here's how I fixed it:
    I got into the bios and changed the settings for the EHCI and the XHCI from disabled to enabled.The settings are under the peripherals tab

Thanks I will try this