Thread: Trouble with AWUS051NH and reaver

Trouble with AWUS051NH and reaver

I recently bought an ALFA AWUS051NH wireless adapter and plug it into my Kali 1.0.6, everything worked as exepected (monitor mode, injection, etc). But I have trouble getting reaver to work properly. No matter what options I use with reaver, the AWUS051NH always Fail to associate with the AP when the wireless card in my PC have no probleme and connect to the AP as soon as I launche the command.

This is the command I use: reaver -i mon0 -c X -b AA:BB:CCD:EE:FF -vv -a -S -N -r 2:60
    Drivers: RT2800usb
    chipset: Ralink RT2870/3070

kali kernel version: 3.12

If anyone have an idea why I can't get reaver to work I would really appreciate some feedback

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liltitiz View Post
    I recently bought an ALFA AWUS051NH wireless adapter and plug it into my Kali 1.0.6, everything worked as exepected (monitor mode, injection, etc). But I have trouble getting reaver to work properly. No matter what options I use with reaver, the AWUS051NH always Fail to associate with the AP when the wireless card in my PC have no probleme and connect to the AP as soon as I launche the command.

This is the command I use: reaver -i mon0 -c X -b AA:BB:CCD:EE:FF -vv -a -S -N -r 2:60
    Drivers: RT2800usb
    chipset: Ralink RT2870/3070

kali kernel version: 3.12

If anyone have an idea why I can't get reaver to work I would really appreciate some feedback

thanks
    You might try disabling the other internal wireless if plugging in the additional external card, maybe it is interfering. Make sure it is not running in some way, while you use the ALFA.