Thread: photoshop and dreamweaver for kali?

photoshop and dreamweaver for kali?

I have tried linux alternatives for dreamweaver and photoshop. And I am just not able to find something that meets my needs. I really do need the "split" option of code and wysiwyg options for created websites as I am not advanced enough to do it by code only.

I have tried gimp to replace photoshop but I just don't like how it "feels" as I have always used photoshop.

Anyone using wine for photoshop in Kali? Or dreamweaver?

help share your 2 cents...

There's always gimpshop.
    OSCP
    --
    If it smells like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck; then it probably is a duck.

You can always use wine as an emulator for windows applications, try searching youtube for "photoshop cs6 wine".

Quote Originally Posted by stas4000 View Post
    You can always use wine as an emulator for windows applications, try searching youtube for "photoshop cs6 wine".
    I installed wine, downloaded cs6 .exe file. But couldn't get it going yet

you could always install a virtual machine and run windows like that if you are desperate enough..
    Smile while you can for in the future there my be nothing to smile about.
    申し訳ありませんが、これは翻訳することができませんでした。

Quote Originally Posted by shaberu View Post
    you could always install a virtual machine and run windows like that if you are desperate enough..
    i may actually go back to dualboot... i don't like the feel of Claws mail, I miss photoshop and dreamweaver. I just can't get used to GIMP. I tried to download gimpshop, but it seems it's no longer around as the sites i find have dead links directing me to gimpshop.

or can someone walk me through how to install it into wine? i have wine installed and i downloaded a copy of photoshop cs6 for windows with the set-up.exe file from a torrent

or maybe i can use my os x version of photoshop for kali... http://www.darlinghq.org/

If you can't figure out how to get Photoshop or Dreamweaver over here, I would recommend you to install PlayOnLinux, it may be helpful for you, otherwise, I would not recommend you to use Kali Linux to a non Security Purpose... Why? You are always root. I have Kali and Debian in dual boot, and in Debian I have a Windows 8.1 machine that I just use to use Visual Studio and to develop games for the Windows Store.

found this link http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=31822
    i created a user account and ran all of this and get an error.
    when i get to the end where I just use wine /path/to/photoshop/file.exe as root, i get another error
    installing to C:\

root@kali:~# wine '/home/admin/Desktop/Photoshop_Portable_13.1.2_Multilingual.exe'
    fixme:shell:SHAutoComplete stub
    fixme:shell:BrsFolder_OnCreate flags BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE partially implemented
    root@kali:~# fixme:x11drv:sync_window_opacity LWA_COLORKEY not supported
    err:module:import_dll Library mscms.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\PhotoshopPortable\\App\\PhotoshopCS6\\Photos hop.exe") not found
    fixme:x11drv:sync_window_opacity LWA_COLORKEY not supported
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\PhotoshopPortable\\App\\PhotoshopCS6\\Photos hop.exe" failed, status c0000135

Quote Originally Posted by 281094v View Post
    If you can't figure out how to get Photoshop or Dreamweaver over here, I would recommend you to install PlayOnLinux, it may be helpful for you, otherwise, I would not recommend you to use Kali Linux to a non Security Purpose... Why? You are always root. I have Kali and Debian in dual boot, and in Debian I have a Windows 8.1 machine that I just use to use Visual Studio and to develop games for the Windows Store.
    I found a youtube video showing how to do it but I am getting errors. I can't show the video here to help explain as this forum doesn't allow youtube videos. anyother idea on how to get assistance?

I wholeheartedly agree with 281094v. Kali was never intended to be a general use installation. Go with the dual boot Brazen.

Adobe CS is one of a kind! That's why they charge so much

lol... no thanks!
    i'd rather have a badass distro based on debian that has a few of the everyday programs on it instead of getting debian or ubuntu and installing all of these programs onto that.

if i wanted convienient, i'd probaby use windows!

i may **** and moan about things, but i finally got it to work with playonlinux and photoshop CC. it's a bit buggy, but it's installed. I just had to google a few things and install a few .dll files with apt-get (i love apt-get). now just to work out the bugs or put in an older version of photoshop.

Edit:
    Swearing
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 2015-10-21 at 08:52. Reason: Swearing

after sleeping on it, maybe i should do a dual boot. i reread 281094v comments. i always think of dual booting as on os is mac or windows. but i guess i could dualboot at kali and debian. it's just that kali (backtrack) was my first real time using linux.