So first off I would like to say I am new to Linux and Computer Networking in general. Currently enrolled in a Network Administration program at the local community college. I want to learn how to do various penetration testing because, I'm pretty sure that will be necessary if I ever plan on getting into the field.

That being said, I've ran into a problem. I currently have Kali installed as a virtual machine thru VMWARE. I'm having problems using my Hawking HWDN2 Usb N.I.C. I am unable to connect to my router using wifi. I can see my home network but I am unable to connect to it. I type in the correct network key and it trys to connect and then about a minute later it asks for the key again.

I'm assuming its a driver issue. I know the hardware isn't messed up because it works on my windows 7 machine. I don't know how to install drivers on linux. And according to the http://hawkingtech.com/products/hi-g...ers/hwdn2.html they don't have a linux driver.

I've read places that you can install other operating systems drivers on a linux system. Was just wondering where I should start to try and correct this problem. Or any other ideas/input.

Sorry If this is a repeat post. I am getting pretty frustrated. Tried to install kali on my laptop earlier today and I can't because the mobo doesn't support something called PAE. Anyhow any help would be greatly apprciated