Thread: how to start openvas.

how to start openvas.

I've installed openvas, then found this instruction of starting openvas. I've downloaded the open vast start check script and it says that OpenVas Manager is not running, OpenVas administrator is not running, greenborne security assistant is not running. I'm a newbie here. I've tried the best I can to follow the instructions below, but it doesn't tell me where or how to start openvas. I found /usr/bin/openvas-start and ran that then the check script says that everything should be good.

source:
    http://www.openvas.org/setup-and-start.html

Question: In general how does one know how to start the openvas or other programs?? I went into /etc/init.d and guested at the daemons. but in general, how would anybody know what command to run to start all the necessary programs to receive service?

Thanks.
    Using latest kali: Linux kalihost 3.12-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.12.6-2kali1 (2014-01-06) x86_64 GNU/Linux

I dont think I can post links here, but I created a script to do exactly this, automatically. Not only will it start all services and bring you to the web Login, but it will update all vuln /exploit feeds. It's on my website learnnetsec[dot]com
    Check out my Youtube Channel! Search NetSecNow
    Check out my Facebook! - Search NetSecNow
    Check out my Blog! learnetsec@blogspot

Like and Subscribe! New videos every week!