Thread: Tor Bundle 3.5.2.1 64Bit - No way to run it as root as the old version

Question Tor Bundle 3.5.2.1 64Bit - No way to run it as root as the old version

Hello

I was try to install the Tor Bundle 3.5.2.1 64Bit on my latest and updated version of Kali but when i use:

apt-get install tor
    i got the old version 2 that with one edit in the config (tip all over the net) is working great as root but is old version

So i try to do it manually for the new version Tor Bundle 3.5.2.1 64Bit but is not working with the same edit trick

At log info i can read one error about reading/creating a config file ... related to permissions i think .

I just try to change permissions to the folders to root but nothing... (maybe don't do it correct? Need also files?)

/home/marien/Downloads/tor-browser_en-US/Data/Tor is not owned by this user (root, 0) but by marien (1000). Perhaps you are running Tor as the wrong user?
    Failed to parse/validate config: Couldn’t access/create private data directory “/home/marien/Downloads/tor-browser_en-US/Data/Tor”
    Reading config failed–see warnings above.
    Is there any working tutorial or someone can test it and post here more info?

Thank you
    Last edited by pamamolf; 2014-03-10 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by pamamolf View Post
    Hello

I was try to install the Tor Bundle 3.5.2.1 64Bit on my latest and updated version of Kali but when i use:

i got the old version 2 that with one edit in the config (tip all over the net) is working great as root but is old version

So i try to do it manually for the new version Tor Bundle 3.5.2.1 64Bit but is not working with the same edit trick

At log info i can read one error about reading/creating a config file ... related to permissions i think .

I just try to change permissions to the folders to root but nothing... (maybe don't do it correct? Need also files?)

Is there any working tutorial or someone can test it and post here more info?

Thank you
    hi
    if I understand correctly the request
    if this can help:
    i'm not pratical-technic but:

-i've download Tor Bundle 3.5.2.1 64Bit && save it in my DESKTOP
    -unpaket this
    -cd /Desktop/tor_browser_it
    -leafpad start-tor-browser
    -change in line 114 -eq 0 IN -eq 12 && save-exit
    -./start-tor-browser

worked in my kali 1.06x64--live
    http://www.imagestime.com/show.php/9...ttura.PNG.html
    Last edited by zimmaro; 2014-03-10 at 18:04.

I got it working thanks

How can i change owner and group to root from terminal on all folders?

/root/Desktop/tor/tor_browser_en-US/Data/tor