Thread: Kali on web Server and paranoid security after encryption of hard disk

Question Kali on web Server and paranoid security after encryption of hard disk

Hello

I am wondering if i install Kali on a web server using full disk encryption and set Luke after that what other things can do for protecting it?

I mean when someone on the datacenter try to connect a keyboard and mouse and a monitor and try to view and copy my running files as it will not ask in that way any password?

I know this is crazy but i am wondering for some extra security tips so even someone have physical access to be hard to go in my files

Thank you
    Last edited by pamamolf; 2014-03-10 at 19:52.

What do you mean by installing kali on a web server? Are you trying to say you are installing kali on server hardware?

Installing Kali on Server like Centos

Uhhh...?

Kali is an OS. You can't install it on top of centOS, unless in a virtual machine. But I don't see a use for a virtualized Kali on a server.

But you can install Kali as an OS on a server. Keep in mind that Kali is a hacking platform and as such, not necessarily more secure than any other *nix.

Where is my english teacher? lol

Sorry for my bad english

I am not talking to install Kali on top of Centos.

I am talking about install Kali OS on a blank dedicated server

I think it is very secure to use as a web server OS as Debian is....

So i think is ok to use it as also Kali stuff report a few days ago that it is available as Amazon OS template....
    Last edited by pamamolf; 2014-03-13 at 20:04.

The purpose of Kali is different, in my mind at least. Kali is a jet-fighter. You want a bunker...

I've had Kali as a server OS for a while. But it's just not equipped for the average webserver job. Sure, we've got Apache2 and a lot of other stuff. But it 's hard to find any concise tutorials on setting up Kali that way. And if you go with Debian Wheezy, you'll have the same solid underpinnings, but a lot more help.

But don't let that stop you. It's just *my* opinion.

Sure you can use kali OS as a web server by would you? Wouldn't you rather use a tool that was made for that purpose (server distros, ubuntu server, debian, centos) than a tool that was not made for that purpose (kali OS)? Server OS's have kernel tweaks and optimizations for more efficient service handling. Like wise, desktop OSs will have different optimizations that contradict the very purpose of optimizing service(port) delivery.