Thread: Laptop or Chromebook

Laptop or Chromebook

I've been using Kali Linux with a Live USB while dual booting BackTrak5 w/Windows7. Now i want to fully install Kali only but i am on a serious budget. Have read information online that some users have had success loading Kali on the HP and Samsung Chromebooks. Would like advice as to which would be better. Laptop or Chromebook.

Probably better off with a standard laptop, you won't get much power out of a Chromebook, not to mention it will probably be hard to locate specific drivers.

mmmmmm I've read stories online about people using chromebooks and not having 100% success with them. I brought an IBM T40 off ebay and installed Kali straight on to it and had no issues. It worked like a dream. The laptop screen died quickly so I've brought a IBM T60. Installed Kali on it and I've had ****** all problems! I picked up the T60 for £40 off ebay. Some sellers are selling them for much more but with say 2GB of RAM in the machine. I brought mine with 1GB but the thing works perfectly. I love it to bits!!
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 2014-04-01 at 08:53. Reason: Swearing

I would use a laptop. I have tried installing chrubuntu on a chromebook and have been unsuccessful multiple times. But I have gotten Kali to dual boot successfully on a toshiba netbook alongside windows. Chromebooks are great if you want a cheap google laptop, but even with developer mode, its much harder to utilize than a tradition laptop.