Thread: kali on radxa rock

kali on radxa rock

Is there someone who can help me making a kali image for rockchip rk3188?
    Thanks.
    https://flic.kr/p/igP2qG
    http://radxa.com/
    *REMOVED*
    11337052953_55e6e9fc1e_z.jpg
    I'm trying to make a script install from the github files to create an arm image for the supported devices... if someone have any idea...
    I will post today the draft script that I've adapted from the script for the mini-x device.
    I added the custom commands to make the rockchip kernel rk3188 and add to it the kali patches and so...
    Now I am at the point where I'm finishing the boot image and ramdisk commands.
    That's for now.
    #changes in the script#
    4/3/2014 - Hi, everyone, I have modified one of the scripts in that repo, to actualy build kernel and rootfs for the radxa rock dev board
    posted on https://github.com/manu7irl/kali-arm-build-scripts named radxa-rock.sh
    You just need to download it on kali linux and run it! That's it.
    It will leave all the build folders inside one folder without deleting them after the script stops, however you could uncomment the last part and make the script clean everything up and leaving you with just two files rootfs and boot images.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 2014-12-09 at 14:44. Reason: Youtube

https://github.com/manu7irl/kali-arm.../radxa-rock.sh
    just download it! it will contain everything that is needed to start it!

Nice work on that script, manu7irl, I saw that the other day as I was going through the forks of the build scripts to see what people have done. Do you mind if I clean it up a bit and put it in our repositories? I have a rock here, I just haven't had any time to work on it at all since I got it (I went on a small vacation shortly after I did and I've been swamped with things since getting back)

Quote Originally Posted by manu7irl View Post
    https://github.com/manu7irl/kali-arm.../radxa-rock.sh
    just download it! it will contain everything that is needed to start it!

Hi Would it be possible to get some help with this script? I have a radxa rock full and have only been able to flash the images released on the radxa website. I have been trying to build this image, which I think I have successfully done, but when I try to flash it to the board it just states that it failed. Help for this board is very limited so I would sure be grateful if you could break it down for me. thanks in advance.

I have no idea myself, hopefully manu7irl shows back up. I will run through his script and see about cleaning it up a bit first. It would definitely be nice to generate an image (or images) that could all be flashed, I'm just not entirely sure what needs to be done. I have to focus on something else at the moment, but as soon as I finish it off, I should be able to take a look around the rock setup.

I just got one of these today and am wondering the same thing. Hopefully there will be an image for it soon! It's very impressive so far.

Quote Originally Posted by esto View Post
    I just got one of these today and am wondering the same thing. Hopefully there will be an image for it soon! It's very impressive so far.

Anyone have luck with this? I am trying to get Kali on my Tronsmart T428 (RK3188 chipset)

Long time no see

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    Anyone have luck with this? I am trying to get Kali on my Tronsmart T428 (RK3188 chipset)
    I got this to work!

I will make an image today for everyone!

And I will post a link with my new script!

best regards

Long time no see

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    I did it!

My script worked!

I will post today an image for you to download and also I'll post my new script!

to be continued...