Thread: macchanger killing vmware internet

macchanger killing vmware internet

When changing my VMWare MAC address in Kali, my internet crashes.

Code:
    ifconfig eth0 down
    macchanger eth0 -A
    ifconfig etho up
    -internet dead-
    Anyone got any suggestions?

Correct me if I am wrong, bridge forwarding table uses MAC address to pass traffic. So if you change MAC, network dies.
    See here:
    http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch0...etwork_bridged

We are testing the mac changing ability of kali-linux in VMWARE at present. We loaded kali-linux 1.05 as 1.06 is so bugged that we ripped it out of all our computers.

We ran airodump-ng in another computer and watched the traffic. VMWARE works fine and when spoofing the mac address, just follow a few basic rules.

If you are going to use network-manager to connect to the internet use the Cloned Mac Address entry available in the drop down menu(two computers upper right of screen.) Go to edit and work thru the pages. Each connection can have its own mac address. Do not try and do it from the command line in a terminal window. When you enter the mac address and save you must restart network-manager to activate the new spoofed address

In the terminal window you could type:

service network-manager restart

If you are going to spoof your mac address during operations with airodump-ng,reaver, etc, You can use the terminal window JUST make sure that network-manager is not associated to an AP. If you uncheck Enable Networking in Network-manager and your wifi device dissappears then check the Enable Networking and then make sure you disconnect any associations that Network-manager automatically tries to make.