Thread: VM ware isntallation/USB live boot issues

VM ware isntallation/USB live boot issues

Hello,

I am new to Kali, but not linux. I have no issue running a live USB at the computer lab, however when I attempt to do an install on VM I install fine until it asks me if I want to install Grub, then I get a error message stating that there is an issue with pae, and to use correct version for my CPU.

I have attempted to use both kali-linux-1.0.6-i386 as well as kali-linux-1.0.6-amd64. I have ran both off of a live USB at the lab.

My issue is when I attempt to do an install on my Toshiba Satellite which is my primary laptop:

Toshiba Satellite P855
    Intel i7 @2.3Ghz
    8 GB ram
    running 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium
    I have 569 gigs of free space on my HDD

Running Oracle VB 4.3.6
    currently have a windows 7 instance as well as the attempted Kali

When I try to boot from USB normally my computer acts as if nothing is on the USB, even though works on other computers.

I welcome any suggestions other then getting a new laptop

Thanks,

Troy

Well,
    I don't really get the matter where your problem is.
    Do you try to install Kali on Oracle Virtual machine, or do you have issues using your Live USB?

I seemed to have fixed the VM issue by checking the pae box, which I don't remember where I read it here on the forums but thanks to who had suggested it in another thread . Still having issues with it running on my laptop proper though.

sorry for the confusion I would like to be able to run a live usb on my laptop. That is the issue, I changed the boot order and when I restart the computer always boots to windows ignoring the USB. The USB is valid as I have used it on multiple other computers. Only computer I have issue is the laptop as mentioned above.

Seems there was a bios setting that has an option of fast boot or normal boot that I somehow overlooked, thanks for those who looked at the thread and who replied.