Thread: wifi in windows vs wifi in linux

wifi in windows vs wifi in linux

Hello all , i have been cracking some networks around me just for testing , and i notice that linux is not much stable in establishing a wifi connection compared to windows .
    let me explain why i get to this conclusion .
    many people around here just buy their routers and plug them , then what happens is that i found a lot of wifi networks on the same channel .
    So , those i already cracked , i just login as administrator to those routers and change their original channel to a less congestion channel , leaving the others more freely to transmit and in more easy way for me to crack them , lol .
    anyway , when i connect to one of those routers using linux, i lost packets during the transmission , and webpages get blank , but when i try with windows the connection is more stable and i can navigate without any issue and do the changes i need .
    Difference between both on this issue is that in linux i get more networks than in windows , but those i get in windows are stable and do not fall down .
    When i say fall down i do not mean wifi connection lost , i mean loss of packets in transmission .

is there anyway to get around this issue ?

Hi @pedropt. I've experienced problems like you wrote.https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...u-USB-wireless But no answer came. I think the problem is the driver and firmware.When install the driver from the Realtek site I get what I want. Another problem occurred this time, this driver does not support injection mode.

thanks for both replies guys .
    i will do some tests around here to check up if things stays the same way .