Thread: Asus N76VZ Smart Gestures touchpad.

Asus N76VZ Smart Gestures touchpad.

Hi I've recently installed Kali 1.0.6 with minimum instlation supported with network connection. I have a couple of questions, let me start with this:

Despite my touchpad is working (left and right buttons are working, side scrolling too) I would like to know what I have to do to enable smart gestures function on it?
    I mostly miss two fingers scrolling and tapping touchpad working as left mouse click. I was looking over the web for answers but couldn't find anything, seems like most people having no problems with it.I guess i should head over xorg configurations, perhaps someone with experience could help.

My laptop is Asus N76VZ.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by sapersky View Post
    Hi I've recently installed Kali 1.0.6 with minimum instlation supported with network connection. I have a couple of questions, let me start with this:

Despite my touchpad is working (left and right buttons are working, side scrolling too) I would like to know what I have to do to enable smart gestures function on it?
    I mostly miss two fingers scrolling and tapping touchpad working as left mouse click. I was looking over the web for answers but couldn't find anything, seems like most people having no problems with it.I guess i should head over xorg configurations, perhaps someone with experience could help.

My laptop is Asus N76VZ.

Cheers.
    I've been having related problems. I finally got the two finger scrolling to work, but it feels 'reversed' for me and I'm still looking for a solution to that. To get the two finger scrolling I found the following...

Originally posted by: muffinman
    Originally posted in thread: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...enware-m14x-r1

Go to Applications >> System Tools >> Add/Remove Software (package manager)
    You want to search and install a package called 'synaptik'

Once you've done that, go into Applications >> System Tools >> Preferences >> System Settings
    Find the 'Mouse and Touchpad' icon and select it. Here you should notice a new tab has arrived called touchpad whereas previously there was only 'Mouse'.

Select the options you need for 'Enable mouse clicks with touchpad' and 'Two finger scrolling'
    If anyone knows a way to reverse the two finger scrolling, please let me know. I know it sounds trivial, but it's really problematic for me, especially when speed matters. Thanks!