Thread: Kali as the main OS on a macbook pro

Kali as the main OS on a macbook pro

Hi all.

I currently have Kali running as the main OS on an IBM T60 laptop. It runs well but isn't too speedy. This isn't much of an issue when learning how to use the OS and the tools on it. Now I'm beginning to get more into pen testing and looking at different courses with the view to progress into a career in pen testing, I fancy upgrading a to a more poweful machine. I was looking into a macbook pro as a potential contender alon with other powerful machines offered by Alienware and ASUS ROG. Now I know people whould say I could get an equally powerful machine for a lot less money than an Alienware for example but I'm a *** for asethics!
    My questions is has anyone installed Kali as the main OS on a macbook pro? Or indeed any other modern powerful machine. I'm open to suggestions on other machines that I could use, indeed I welcome other suggestions! However I would prefer to run Kali as the main OS on the machine rather than use a virtual machine.
    Any help would be most apricated. Thanks.

Edit:
    Swearing
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 2015-03-31 at 09:32. Reason: Swearing

Name Taken Guest
    I'm looking forward to the ~20 Chromebooks to be released from which ~$300 is very appealing versus $1000-1500. I think Chromebook design have come a long way since the last few generations and an i3 Haswell CPU should be sufficient for running multiple tools simultaneously.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsun..._Laptop_review

http://www.slashgear.com/lenovo-n20n...s-on-05327776/

Wow I didn't know Lenovo were getting in on the chrome action. Definitely something to look out for.

yes. i have installed kali as main os installed to hdd on entire drive. no dual booting (until a couple weeks ago when I added a partition and put debian stable on a small 5gb new partition)