Thread: Kali keeps on freezing

Kali keeps on freezing

Yesterday I installed kali on my MacBook White 2010. I had some problems while installing but I fixed them and now it's working, but not very well: when I open iceweasel a black screen appears with white dots and the system stops working. So I tried to uninstall it and install chromium instead. At first it work, but then it freezes just as iceweasel. I think it could be a hardware problem, maybe about the ram. I surfed all the threads and forums but I can't find a fix.
    Thank you for your help!

have you tried liveDVD or liveUSB?..See if that works, just to make sure the installation on your HDD has issues...See the Video card driver used and check if gnash is installed.

Ok I tried livedvd in failsafe mode and it works just fine. So I'm supposed to completely reinstall it, right?

I tried livedvd and everything worked fine. Now I reinstalled it from zero but it has the same issues.. No applications work.. What can I do? Thank you

Does the freezing occurs only in web browsers or any other app?

Did you created the kali partition with ext4 filesystem?...Do you have separate partitions for /tmp /var etc..?

Quote Originally Posted by maverik35 View Post
    Does the freezing occurs only in web browsers or any other app?

Did you created the kali partition with ext4 filesystem?...Do you have separate partitions for /tmp /var etc..?

Any other app.. I can just use the terminal

Yes i used a partition with ext4, only one, no separations.

Ok. DVD live works fine..Then we discard the SHA1..

Can you post the dmesg output?....And yes, you might want to re-install Kali onto your HDD..Make sure you have the partition done with gparted or fdisk...Also make sure the file system is ext4 as well as swap partiton is created.

If it fails again, post the dmesg output using a live DVD (Kali) and mounting the HDD kali partition, go to /var/log and find the dmesg file, copy it to post it.

Thank you for your help but I fixed the problem! I don't know actually.. I just made some free space and now everything works!