Thread: USB Mouse issues. Msi GT-60. Can't click.

USB Mouse issues. Msi GT-60. Can't click.

Hi everyone

I'm a new user of Kali Linux(Dual boot with W7) and I love it ! But a little bug is troubling my experience.

I have a MMO7 cyborg usb mouse, when i connect it I can only click on the ACTIVE windows, cursor moves but i can't click exept in the active windows(IceWeasel generaly)

My touchpad click don't work too when i connect the mouse. Sometimes clicking works 10 min for no reason and then stop working.

The mouse is far more confortable to use Kali, so if anyone know how to fix this When i have this bug i can't alt+tab too.

I looked in google, a lot of people are having similar issues but no with kali and not exactly the same as mine.

Thanks !

You are no longer alone, I have the same problem and the same mouse
    Coincidence? Not whit this mouse
    Also, I have just read another post on Ubuntu forum with the same problem and again same mouse
    I have seen a post with the same problem and a differrent mouse, but 3 times MMO7 Cyborg can't be just a coincidence

I have found a workaround (mind you, not a real solution or fix)

Switch to mode 2 or 3 (the button left of your mouse 1 or L click button), the led should turn blue (mode 2) or purple (mode 3)
    I tried this when I remembered simular issues with a WoW add on for the MMO7 Cyborg (the add on only worked in mode 2 and 3)

I also found a post describing a fix but since it didn't work for the OP of that post and because the workaround works fine for now I haven't tried it yet, but from what I could see it seemed promissing

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ev/+bug/615892

In short it says this:

Steps to get RAT 7 working:

1) Open terminal

2) Type (without quotes) "sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf" (Enter password if needed)

3) In the text file that opens up, add this to the bottom:

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "Mouse Remap"
    MatchProduct "Saitek Cyborg R.A.T.7 Mouse"
    MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
    Option "ButtonMapping" "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 2 9 10 11 12 0 0 0"
    EndSection

4) Save file

5) Restart computer (or just restart the X server if you know how)

6) Use mouse!

Success

Final update!!!

I've been working without any further issues so my advice would be to just switch to mode 2 (or 3) and use up those presets first
    That's 4x11 programmable buttons, 22 in modes 2 & 3, plus another 22 in <Shift> mode 2 & <Shift> mode 3, or even 4x13 if you free-up the auto-click buttons, but I haven't checked if there's a Linux patch available
    Last edited by PurpleHaze65; 2014-07-08 at 21:40. Reason: Final update

Thanks PurpleHaze65, i was wondering why i had this sort of "bug" who wouldn't let me switch application, turns out it was the R.A.T.!
    Last edited by heraklez; 2016-10-09 at 23:15.