Thread: Kali 1.0.7 Legacy ATI Drivers install

Kali 1.0.7 Legacy ATI Drivers install

Been having a difficult time getting my ATI fglrx drivers installed on 1.0.7.

uname -a
    Linux Localh0sts 3.14-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.14.4-1kali1 (2014-05-14) x86_64 GNU/Linux

lspci -nn | grep VGA
    05:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RV790 [Radeon HD 4890] [1002:9460]

Following Guide @ http://www.blackmoreops.com/2014/03/...i-linux-1-0-6/
    Found out that I require the Legacy ATI driver. fglrx-legacy-driver. This package isn't available through default sources.list

I the located this guide @ http://www.securethelock.com/2014/01...ers-in-debian/
    This did install once with HW acceleration working but then my attempts to get CAL++ didn't work. Made so many changes that I decided to re-load and start fresh. Now it is not installing drivers correctly. My guess is it somehow worked on my first install due to all my previous attempts trying to install the newer fglrx-driver. (Even when you decline incompatible driver prompt it still loads all other packages). Tried to replicated but no success.

And finally, I then tried the ATI 13.1 Legacy drivers for AMD website. Before it would attempt install I had to make link to version.h "ln -s /usr/include/linux/ /lib/modules/3.14-kali1-amd64/build/include/linux/"

Can anyone point me in the direction of getting fglrx-legacy-driver installed.

Thanks.

i decided to buy cheap nvidia gfx card,(i have hd4870 in my box atm) i believe that u have to downgrade ur x window system if u want to install ati legacy drivers and thats not a good thing to do. it could break ur system.

Fighting for while trying to get drivers to load on Kali....So I decided to re-load this box to Debian 7.5 and the Legacy fglrx drivers are functional with CAL+ support.

Have main Kali on ESXi host but wanted to get a dedicated box loaded for some Video HW acel. Now best of both worlds. Kali as well as Debian.

TTFN