Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to EFI install Kali Linux (Beginner Ways)

1. Can you do a tutorial for those of us using a DVD iso?

Quote Originally Posted by Rnihton View Post
    ... I just bought a laptop (Asus N56VJ-DH71) which runs UEFI system (my my, it costs me 2 days because of this).

Anyway, it was hard to install Kali Linux with the EFI system because you encounter some weird errors and you have to fix them manually.

I am going to write a complete guide here (I don't really know much, but I've followed most of the guides on Google and spent 2 days for it. So I might be able to get you out of desperating installing Kali in EFI system).

Can you do a tutorial for those of us using a DVD iso on windows 8.1 EFI?
    Is using a usb with something like rufus the only way to achieve dual boot Kali/Win?

2. So you achieved dual boot?

Quote Originally Posted by tdbone1 View Post
    ok i had success

kali amd64 image (week 20)
    16GB fat32 stick
    windows 10 pro 64bit
    rufus
    mbr and uefi selected
    fat32
    select weekly image
    DD mode

in bios turned secure boot off in bios (save on exit)
    F12 for me during boot so i can select the usb stick with kali
    (kali booted right up) need to try with secure boot on. might work dont know

Awesome as i havent got to use kali in a long time
    2017.1 standard amd64 is great! love it
    So you have dual boot that is windows and kali on single uefi computer?
    Can I use a DVD iso to achieve the same results? I'm after dual boot too win/kali.

Hello my Dear
    First of all thank you for giving like this wide information. it is really helpful; Well i have copied all of it too. but some links NOT working!!! For example on your 4. step you gave a link to download bootx64.efi, MokManager.efi and grubx64.efi . my system is 32 bit i did found boot 32.efi from internet but grubx32 or grubx64 NONE. So what do you suugest to solve th problem. Best Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubby View Post
    Hello my Dear
    First of all thank you for giving like this wide information. it is really helpful; Well i have copied all of it too. but some links NOT working!!! For example on your 4. step you gave a link to download bootx64.efi, MokManager.efi and grubx64.efi . my system is 32 bit i did found boot 32.efi from internet but grubx32 or grubx64 NONE. So what do you suugest to solve th problem. Best Regards.
    Just use kali rolling 2017.3. You don't need these files anymore.