Thread: Kali installation network config error

Kali installation network config error

I just started using kali linux about a week ago, so I'm still very new to all of this.
    Initially, I had been running kali using USB live boot. Everything runs smoothly other than the fact that nothing saves (documents, files moved to desktop, preferences, etc.) so I figured maybe if I do the actual installation process it'll start saving everything. I still want to run kali from my USB. If I'm wrong about all of this, stop reading here and tell me I'm an idiot in the comments. (Along with suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong/solutions/advice)

So the issue I'm having with the installation is that I get up to the point where I have to input my connection info. So I select my router, which is on and operational. I select the WPA/WPA2 PSK option. Then I have to input my the password for my wifi. This is where my problem is. I ensured multiple times that I put my password in correctly but I still get the following error:

"Failure of key exchange and association"
    It's telling me to check the parameters I provided for the WPA/WPA2 PSK. I know everything I input was correct. As soon as I get passed this road block I can start learning new things. Anything will help, but like I said, I'm new to this so speak very very slowly.
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by ratjail; 2014-06-12 at 18:10. Reason: Spelling error that made me look retarded

Getting the same thing here, ever since the 1.07 update, can't install it because network configuration fails as mentioned above, same error. I had to plug it in with a network cable, then it was okay, will try a re-download in case it was an error there.

Nope, must be a bug in 1.07, re-downloaded it and tried to install and still getting the same error, can't associate with access point even though my password is correct.

Still had a previous download of 1.06 so installed it from that, worked fine.

Same problem here with the 1.0.9a image. Weird thing is that when during the Live session I was able to connect to my DD-WRT AP (Netgear) but when booting into installation it fails with the message "Failure of key exchange and association".

I am using a modified EEE PC with an Intel Dual Band AC 7260 network adapter. I suspect this card is part of the problem....

I've been using an installation of 1.0.7 686 under VMWare (installed from the iso) as a "mother" for creating respins for various old laptops.

All of a sudden, I started having problems - couldn't find/connect to repos. Searching around (I forget where) I saw the advice to apt-get update & apt-get upgrade.

I did that & since then I can't even connect out to the host machine (CentOS 6.5 64).

I noticed problems at startup with DHCPDISCOVER, but I can't get it to work even with a static IP.

A CentOS 6 guest - with the same settings in vmware (bridged) - works OK.