Thread: black screen after successful installation of kali

black screen after successful installation of kali

hello everyone,
    i'm sorry to tell you that i'm just a beginner in the LINUX WORLD, but don't worry about me, i'm really advancing real fast.
    My laptop is:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Acer
    System Model: Aspire 7535
    BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL
    Processor: AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-75 (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Display device: Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 & ATI Mobility Radeon 3200 <=== which i think is the reason behind the problem i have.

i partitioned the hard drive and left 25Gb for Kali, then booted the cd and installed it and everything went ok, and when i start the computer and choose kali, everything goes ok till the last step when it prompts for my password, but 2 seconds later just before i type in the password, the screen goes all black;
    i thought maybe if i disable one of the graphic cards from the Bios setup would solve the problem, but it's not there, it doesn't give that option.
    starting Kali in recovery mode works just fine => but once i type "lspci" it shows "ati......" and goes black again just after 2 seconds.
    i tried downloading ati drivers from recovery mode and install them but it seems not working.
    any help would be really appreciated.
    thank you

Do you have Any USB Device connected to your pc other than a keyboard and mouse?
    Do you have a USB card reader connected to your pc?
    if yes try to disconnect them by removing the cable
    check this it may help you https://kalitut.com/fix-kali-linux-something-wrong/
    Last edited by KaliTut; 2020-10-16 at 16:22.

thanks for your reply..
    i have only a wireless USB mouse connected, and i removed it and tried booting up Kali again but the same problem is still occuring.

any other ideas?