Thread: Kali-Linux-Wireless rfcat dependancy error on armhf image.

Question Kali-Linux-Wireless rfcat dependancy error on armhf image.

I have been running into this problem while putting together my armhf image to use on my tablet:

Code:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     kali-linux-wireless : Depends: rfcat but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    I have been getting this error message each time I try to install the meta package "Kali-Linux-Wireless" on armhf version of Kali-Linux on my tablet.
    Being that the error is depending on rfcat, I have installed rfcat from source as follows:

Code:
    root@cyborg-kali:/rfcat/rfcat-130515# python setup.py install
    running install
    running build
    running build_py
    creating build
    creating build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7
    creating build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib
    copying rflib/cc1111client.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib
    copying rflib/chipcondefs.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib
    copying rflib/ccspecan.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib
    copying rflib/cc111Xhparser.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib
    copying rflib/chipcon_nic.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib
    copying rflib/intelhex.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib
    copying rflib/bits.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib
    copying rflib/ccrecvdump.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib
    copying rflib/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib
    copying rflib/rflib_version.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib
    creating build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct
    copying vstruct/primitives.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct
    copying vstruct/builder.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct
    copying vstruct/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct
    creating build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct/defs
    copying vstruct/defs/win32.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct/defs
    copying vstruct/defs/kdcom.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct/defs
    copying vstruct/defs/elf.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct/defs
    copying vstruct/defs/pe.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct/defs
    copying vstruct/defs/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct/defs
    running build_scripts
    creating build/scripts-2.7
    copying and adjusting rfcat -> build/scripts-2.7
    copying and adjusting rfcat_server -> build/scripts-2.7
    copying and adjusting CC-Bootloader/bootload.py -> build/scripts-2.7
    changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/rfcat from 644 to 755
    changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/rfcat_server from 644 to 755
    changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/bootload.py from 644 to 755
    running install_lib
    creating /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct
    creating /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct/defs
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct/defs/win32.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct/defs
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct/defs/kdcom.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct/defs
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct/defs/elf.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct/defs
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct/defs/pe.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct/defs
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct/defs/__init__.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct/defs
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct/primitives.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct/builder.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/vstruct/__init__.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct
    creating /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib/cc1111client.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib/chipcondefs.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib/ccspecan.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib/cc111Xhparser.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib/chipcon_nic.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib/intelhex.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib/bits.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib/ccrecvdump.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib/__init__.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib
    copying build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/rflib/rflib_version.py -> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct/defs/win32.py to win32.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct/defs/kdcom.py to kdcom.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct/defs/elf.py to elf.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct/defs/pe.py to pe.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct/defs/__init__.py to __init__.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct/primitives.py to primitives.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct/builder.py to builder.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vstruct/__init__.py to __init__.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib/cc1111client.py to cc1111client.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib/chipcondefs.py to chipcondefs.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib/ccspecan.py to ccspecan.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib/cc111Xhparser.py to cc111Xhparser.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib/chipcon_nic.py to chipcon_nic.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib/intelhex.py to intelhex.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib/bits.py to bits.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib/ccrecvdump.py to ccrecvdump.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib/__init__.py to __init__.pyc
    byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib/rflib_version.py to rflib_version.pyc
    running install_scripts
    copying build/scripts-2.7/rfcat -> /usr/local/bin
    copying build/scripts-2.7/rfcat_server -> /usr/local/bin
    copying build/scripts-2.7/bootload.py -> /usr/local/bin
    changing mode of /usr/local/bin/rfcat to 755
    changing mode of /usr/local/bin/rfcat_server to 755
    changing mode of /usr/local/bin/bootload.py to 755
    running install_egg_info
    Writing /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rfcat-1.0.egg-info
    The rfcat python installation script completes without error, and the important files:

binaries:
    Code:
    /usr/local/bin/rfcat
    /usr/local/bin/rfcat_server
    and rflib
    Code:
    /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rflib
    I do not have any of the supported usb dongles to use with rfcat so I have not compiled the firmware that comes with the package, but the program rfcat is installed and will run, I can run the command rfcat -r for example and the program runs, therefore I feel like it should be seen by apt-get and the dependancy should be met. But as I see I still get the same error and can not install the full meta package, and for now I have to settle for just installing the individual packages that do not require rfcat....

The Kali-Linux armhf image I compiled on Linux Mint 16 Petra amd64 following the detailed instructions at: kali-linux-arm-chroot

The rootfs image worked perfectly and I am able to boot up Kali-Linux on my arm-pc board with Cortex-a9 armv7 dual core 1Ghz and run Kali-Linux, however I can not install the packages that require the dependancy rfcat even though I have installed rfcat from source because it is not installable through apt-get install. I am not a real linux guru, though I do use Linux Mint as my main OS of choice, using other closed source OS choices secondary only for those few things I have not yet found compatability solutions for, yet, that list is fast shrinking every day But I do know a thing or two, hehe.

Any way, before I start rambling... I was wopndering if anyone else has had this issue, and if it has been solved yet?

Also If you need any further details to help come to a solution please ask, and I can get any, and all details of my situation. I Have tried several times to rebuild the armhf image and install the meta package Kali-Linux-Wireless and always get the same dependancy error for rfcat and have not solved it yet, even after installing rfcat from source.
    Again any help would be greatly apreciated in solving this so I can have the Kali-Linux Wireless tools for use on my tablet.

Sorry for my inability to always explain eactly what my issue is, I know I tend to run on and dont always hev the greatest sentence structure, lol..., I do much better when answering direct questions about my problem. Then I can get the pertinent information to a person of expertise, that can relay the information back to me that will send me in the direction I am seeking to go. I do try to get the right stuff up, but am not always the most sucessfull every time, I am always working to improve.

My goal, to have a working Kali-Linux, withh all of the wireless, and all other tools as one of my boot options on my tablet is what I do want very much to achieve.

This would be awesome - the power of Kali-Linux Offensive-Security Software, hand held portable on my tablet - I think it would be an excelent!

Thanks - Kaiji
    For My Family, My Friends, & Myself, The Truth!

Lightbulb

change your /etc/apt/sources.list as follows:
    Code:
    deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali-dev main non-free contrib
    deb http://security.kali.org/kali-security kali/updates main contrib non-free
    ## Source repositories
    deb-src http://http.kali.org/kali kali-dev main non-free contrib
    deb-src http://security.kali.org/kali-security kali/updates main contrib non-free
    finish with
    Code:
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    hf