Thread: Kali linux on Raspberry Pi vs Tablet vs Laptop

Kali linux on Raspberry Pi vs Tablet vs Laptop

Hi guys, new here. I have kali running on a laptop and was wondering if you guys thought it was worth getting it onto a tablet and/or setting up on a raspberry pi. I'm relatively new to pent testing and want to make a career out of it (college student), so any advice is very, very helpful.

Thank you

A raspberry pi is always good. I have one acting as a VPN. Mostly just for messing with it though.

You would perhaps benefit more with something that can host virtual machines. Having a range of operating systems to pentest against is a good choice. That, or purchase a couple different types of routers. I use one that came with an internet service and an old cellphone for acting as a client so I can try Reaver and the aircrack suite.

Name Taken Guest
    Depends on what kind of pent testing you are wanting to do. WiFi related tools take very little CPU power and RAM while tools such as Metasploit and Armitage for network penetration takes quite a bit of CPU power and can easily consume multiple gigabytes of RAM.

Learning wifi and metasploit so laptop it is. Thanks, saved me some money