Hi everyone

I have been reading for a long time on this forum and now it's the time where I face a problem I can't seem to solve by myself.

I got a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga S240 (no ethernet, just wifi Intel 7260) with Windoze 8.1 on it. I'd like to do a dual-boot setup with Kali and am installing from a USB-stick. When Kali tries to detect the network interfaces during the installation it states that it needs firmware files in order to get the network (wifi) card working. It's looking for the two files iwlwifi-7260-8.ucode and iwlwifi-7260-7.ucode.

I downloaded the .tgz files from http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/iwlwifi and unpacked them. I then put those on a seperate usb stick (i tried putting them in the root directory of the stick and also in a folder called "firmware" located also in the root directory), but after searching (USB stick blinks) Kali just popps up with the same screen saying it needs those two files and if I want to load them using a USB stick etc. I tried formating the stick with ext4, fat32, but nothing worked, Kali just doesn't find the firmware files.

Now the problem is, since I need the grub download at the end of the installation, I can't just go on ignoring the wifi drivers and then install them afterwards (after Kali has benn installed).

I hope there's someone on here who can assist me, as don't know what else to try.

PS: In case this post appears twice, I'm really sorry! I posted it before but it seems like it went into nirvana, my browser is going banana atm ;-)

Thanks a lot in advance and cheers from switzerland