Hi,

On my new notebook (MSI GP50 2PE), my Kali Linux Live Disk does not function. It boots as it is supposed to (although I need to change into Legacy mode to disable UEFI booting) but as soon as I click on a terminal window, the menu or anything else, it does not react anymore. I can still move the mouse, but not click on anything. When I click on the Power off button on my notebook and then click on it again, it functions for a few seconds (although the screen is black and I basically need to "wipe" it clean with the mouse, like using the brush function in paint or so) and then it "freezes" again. If I try the power off/on trick again, I have to enter a password to log in, which does not really make sense because I did never configure a password for the live CD.

I tried it with both the 63 bit and the 32 bit version, both don't work on my new notebook. However if I start them in a virtual machine on Windows they work perfectly fine.
My plan however is to test their performance on my new notebook, and, if it is significantly higher than on my old notebook (which is now a Kali-only-notebook) , install it. But if there are already troubles using the live disk on my new notebook, I would of course shy away from installing it. The more so because it requires quite a bit of extra configuration with the UEFI, from what I have read.

So, could anybody help me with this issue and explain to me why Kali doesn't work on my notebook?

Kind Regards,
Lunario