Hi guys,
I am attempting to use kali linux from my hdd on a macbook pro.
Here are the specifications of my macbook:
Mac os x vs. 10.9.2
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
8gb of RAM
Two gnu cards:
Integrated HD 3000
and
AMD Radeon HD 6750M.
These are the things I have done so far.
Portioned my hdd.
Installed refind.
Put in the kali linux disk booted into the live version, opened installer menu and installed kali to disk. Before the restart I existed back into the live version and used this blog to update and install grub 2. http://samiux.blogspot.com/2014/03/h...linux-106.html
Then restarted back into mac os x and changed the refined config to see grub.
Now when refind loads I have an option for grub 2.
And I can select it and then choose to boot into kali, but the two gnu's are causing it to not start the interface, usually it gives an error like i915 invalid rom contents.
I am able to get into the command line by using kali single user recovery mode, by editing the grub config and adding redeon.modeset=0 i915.modeset=0.
And then the command line loads and I can use kali through that.
I have spent the past two days looking at guides and forum post to try to fix my gpu problem.
Most people attempt to use vgaswitcheroo located in the /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch, to completely disable ether the discrete or integrated card, my problem is that vgaswitcheroo does not exist. After mounting the /sys/kernel/debug/ and then typing ls /sys/kernel/debug/, that file is not there.
If you could provide me with any information I would be tremendously great full.
Another question has anyone been able to successfully load kali from hdd on Macbook Pro8,2, with two graphics cards?