Thread: Help installing AMD patched drivers.

Help installing AMD patched drivers.

I recieved a patched AMD legacy driver that i would like to install for my Mobility Radeon HD 4250. The files are in a tar.gz file, which I have extracted. The installer is an executable shellsript(.sh). Whenever I try to run the script, I get this message from the terminal.
    Code:
        =====================================================================
         AMD Catalyst(TM) Proprietary Driver Installer/Packager
        Unrecognized parameter '' to ati-installer.sh
        This script supports the following arguments:
        --help                                        : print help messages
        --listpkg                                     : print out a list of generatable packages
        --buildpkg [package] [--dryrun]               : if generatable, the package will be created
        --buildandinstallpkg [package] [--dryrun] [--force] : if generatable, the package will be creadted and installed
        --install                                     : install the driver
    I have used the arguements --install, --buildandinstallpkg, and --buildpkg, but I keep recieving the exact same message.
    I cannot use the default legact drivers from the AMD website because the drivers cannot load and force Debian to run only as the terminal.

You can download the driver here:https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5YO...bUE/edit?pli=1
    Please help me as I have had to do a full reinstall of Debian many times becuase of video driver issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaiawe View Post
    I recieved a patched AMD legacy driver that i would like to install for my Mobility Radeon HD 4250. The files are in a tar.gz file, which I have extracted. The installer is an executable shellsript(.sh). Whenever I try to run the script, I get this message from the terminal.
    Code:
         AMD Catalyst(TM) Proprietary Driver Installer/Packager
        Unrecognized parameter '' to ati-installer.sh
        This script supports the following arguments:
        --help                                        : print help messages
        --listpkg                                     : print out a list of generatable packages
        --buildpkg [package] [--dryrun]               : if generatable, the package will be created
        --buildandinstallpkg [package] [--dryrun] [--force] : if generatable, the package will be creadted and installed
        --install                                     : install the driver
    I have used the arguements --install, --buildandinstallpkg, and --buildpkg, but I keep recieving the exact same message.
    I cannot use the default legact drivers from the AMD website because the drivers cannot load and force Debian to run only as the terminal.

You can download the driver here:https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5YO...bUE/edit?pli=1
    Please help me as I have had to do a full reinstall of Debian many times becuase of video driver issues.
    You need to add version as well.

try
    Code:
     ./ati-installer.sh 14.20 --install