Thread: As anyone figured out howto install NVIDIA drivers?

As anyone figured out howto install NVIDIA drivers?

The official documentation and my search on the subject did not yield results.

I have a laptop with dual video cards, Intel HD4000 and GT 630M
    Kali Linux USB Installation using LinuxLive USB Creator
    Howto Install HDD Kali on a USB Key
    Clean your laptop fan | basic knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    The official documentation and my search on the subject did not yield results.

I have a laptop with dual video cards, Intel HD4000 and GT 630M
    I am not entirely sure but my guide on Kali Linux 1.0.7 kernel 3.14 – Install proprietary NVIDIA driver – NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver seems to be working for most people. Some had issues where they update, upgrade and dist-upgrade and the driver didn't work. They ended up reinstalling Kali 1.0.7 and it all worked from that point.

Another reader of my blog was also able to fix “ERROR: could not insert ‘nvidia_uvm’: Invalid argument” with Pyrit/CUDA/Cpyrit. BTW, I haven't found or seen anyone reliably use Intel/NVIDIA or Intel/AMD. At any point only one card works and in your case, NVIDIA will work and Intel will lay dormant.

Let me know how it went or if you had any issues. Cheers,

-blackMORE

i have two video cards intel and nvidia also but when i type lspci | grep VGA the result is 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0b)
    what can i do?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackMORE View Post
    I am not entirely sure but my guide on Kali Linux 1.0.7 kernel 3.14 – Install proprietary NVIDIA driver – NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver seems to be working for most people. Some had issues where they update, upgrade and dist-upgrade and the driver didn't work. They ended up reinstalling Kali 1.0.7 and it all worked from that point.

Another reader of my blog was also able to fix “ERROR: could not insert ‘nvidia_uvm’: Invalid argument” with Pyrit/CUDA/Cpyrit. BTW, I haven't found or seen anyone reliably use Intel/NVIDIA or Intel/AMD. At any point only one card works and in your case, NVIDIA will work and Intel will lay dormant.

Let me know how it went or if you had any issues. Cheers,

-blackMORE
    hi blackMORE!!!
    I think that "" all your works """are very very welcome to the community!
    and I think many people like me want to "dedicate"with "heart" a big THANK YOU!!!

Bumblebee is working with 1.07 + nvidia 331 + cuda 5.5.

The issue with nvidia-uvm is with the module building. You can manually build it and install it. After a modprobe it's good to go.

If you can't get it to install I was going to type up a bit of a guide
    Last edited by staticn0de; 2014-07-01 at 11:35.