Thread: Can not install on Hard Disk kali linux 106/1.07

Can not install on Hard Disk kali linux 106/1.07

Dear Friends

I have kali only as the OS inmy Dell Laptop. Upto 1.05 i installled on hard disk from DVD. no problem. I tried to install 1.06/1.07 from DVD but It hangs but when it is searching DHCP. It does not work. I tried install thru menu "Install Kali Linux" , it is stuck at GRUB install. I have Intel I3 (2nd Gen). I Copied the ISo once again and tested, the Same.

I went to a Dell shop , nothing wrong with the Hardware.

Funnily the Same DVD is working fine with Intel i3 (4th Gen).

It is cumbersoe to install 1.05 and upgrade.

I Don't have a clue

Any Help is welcome

You my have internet connection problems. If you can, use LAN. I went trough **** trying to install with wifi only. Keep dropping connections. Packages and Grub need internet.

You may be doing nothing wrong. Try downloading 1.07 thru torrents. However successful HHD install of 1:06 and 1:07 seems to be dependent on computer model. For example all our HHD install of 1.07 worked fine on our HP computers(2) while cannot be completed on our Samsung Computers(2). So for our Samsung computers we use persistent usb installs of 1.07.

I have copied and checked up with the Hash, funnily with the same dvd in stallaton does not hand withnew i3 machines, but it hangs, previously internet is not required but let me try the persistant usb