Hello everyone, I'm having trouble getting my nvidia drivers to work. I have a laptop with 2 gt 750m graphics card with SLI. In addition i'm running the latest kali linux 1.1.0 kernel 3.18. I have tried the post by blackMORE but ended with gdm3 not working after setting up the xorg.conf file. So I decided to follow this guide but I encountered an error. The error comes up while trying to install the official nvidia drivers. When I run the installer it gives me an error "unable to load kernel module" this is the full log.

nvidia-installer log file '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log'
creation time: Thu Feb 12 15:09:17 2015
installer version: 346.35

PATH: /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/opt/VirtualGL/bin:/usr/local/cuda-6.5/bin

nvidia-installer command line:
./nvidia-installer
--dkms
-z

Using: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface
-> Detected 8 CPUs online; setting concurrency level to 8.
-> License accepted.
-> Installing NVIDIA driver version 346.35.
-> Would you like to register the kernel module sources with DKMS? This will allow DKMS to automatically build a new module, if you install a different kernel later. (Answer: Yes)
-> Installing both new and classic TLS OpenGL libraries.
-> Installing classic TLS 32bit OpenGL libraries.
WARNING: Unable to find a suitable destination to install 32-bit compatibility libraries. Your system may not be set up for 32-bit compatibility. 32-bit compatibility files will not be installed; if you wish to install them, re-run the installation and set a valid directory with the --compat32-libdir option.
-> nvidia-installer will install the libvdpau and libvdpau_trace libraries that were included with this installer package. These libraries are available separately through the libvdpau project and will be removed from the NVIDIA Linux driver installer package in the future, so it is recommended that VDPAU users install libvdpau separately, e.g. by using packages available from their distributions, or by building from the sources available at:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~aplattner/vdpau
-> Searching for conflicting files:
-> done.
-> Installing 'NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64' (346.35):
executing: '/sbin/ldconfig'...
-> done.
-> Driver file installation is complete.
-> Installing DKMS kernel module:
-> done.
ERROR: Unable to load the kernel module.
ERROR: Installation has failed. Please see the file '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log' for details. You may find suggestions on fixing installation problems in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com.

I tried to install with and without the lines that Quest suggested but the same thing shows up. Any ideas?