Thread: (Guide) Installing Nvidia + Bumblebee + CUDA for Optimus enabled Laptops

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi guys !

I eventually got it to work as well.
    I'm running a Dell Laptop with 64-bits Intel Core i7 2670QM CPU, an Intel i915 GPU and a NVidia Geforce GT525M GPU card as well.
    I'm using Kali 2 (with update and upgrade) and I used "bumblebee-nvidia + primus" from the repo and the CUDA 7.0.28
    The weird thing is optirun won't work the 1st time I run it, but only the 2nd time and after.
    With the GPU core an the 7 CPU cores, PYRIT goes up to 6k PMK/s. Not that bad after all.

If I can be of any help to anyone, please feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Robocamp View Post
    Hi guys !

I eventually got it to work as well.
    I'm running a Dell Laptop with 64-bits Intel Core i7 2670QM CPU, an Intel i915 GPU and a NVidia Geforce GT525M GPU card as well.
    I'm using Kali 2 (with update and upgrade) and I used "bumblebee-nvidia + primus" from the repo and the CUDA 7.0.28
    The weird thing is optirun won't work the 1st time I run it, but only the 2nd time and after.
    With the GPU core an the 7 CPU cores, PYRIT goes up to 6k PMK/s. Not that bad after all.

If I can be of any help to anyone, please feel free to ask.
    Hi, if you don't mind please tell me which tutorial you follow? I have quite similar laptop, ASUS with intel 4000 HD and NVidia GeForce GT710M GPU Card. I have never succeeded to get NVidia and optimus running on this dual hybrid cpu card laptop. So I really beg for your kindness