Thread: (Guide) Installing Nvidia + Bumblebee + CUDA for Optimus enabled Laptops

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello everyone, I beg your help. I trying to solve this problem is not the first day...
    Laptop Dexp H168: both Intel and Nvidia cards (Optimus?).
    When I was buying a laptop on it was installed Windows 8. So, i deleted it. The next step was installing Kali 2.0 Sana.
    I made '.iso' on USB via Win32DiskImager (to my luck it works fine).
    Firstly i made: "EPS" (250M bootable), "/" (100G), "swap" (2xRAM), "opt" (50G logical), "home" (650G logical).
    Kali was installed and worked correctly (how i think). In "lspci | egrep 'VGA|3D'" were:
    Code:
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK108M [GeForce GT 940M] (rev 02)
    When i tried to install Nvidia drivers via:
    Code:
    apt-get install nvidia-kernel-$(uname -r)
    aptitude install nvidia-kernel-dkms
    aptitude install nvidia-xconfig
    I had a white screen with "Oh, No! Something....blablabla". And Kali wasn't loaded. I decided to reinstall Kali...
    When i done this (yes, i'm done this) Kali worked correctly, but in "lspci | egrep 'VGA|3D'" now:
    Code:
    00:02:0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Device 191b (rev 06)
    01:00:0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1347 (rev a2)
    I decided that the problem is improper installation of the drivers and decided to install Nvidia again, as it is written in the first post of this thread.
    Before the number '9' everything goes perfectly, but then ... When i tried to 'apt-get install bumblebee-nvidia primus' the videocard's fan started to make much noise. And when this commands was executed the laptop was himself halted. When i tried to start OS i had black terminal screen:
    Code:
    Kali GNU/Linux 2.0 Kali tty1
    Kali login: __
    but it was frozen and didn't react. After some time (3-5 minutes) switches itself off again. So the circle.
    I tried to reinstall Kali and Nvidia another 2 times, but the same.
    What i should do? Variants such as "Throw your computer" will not be accepted
    Last edited by Edelweiss; 2016-01-14 at 21:20.