Thread: Question about Network setup Oracle VM VirtualBox /@ VM WARE

Question about Network setup Oracle VM VirtualBox /@ VM WARE

Hi people i just installed Kali linux BT5R3-KDE-32 on my Oracle VM VirtualBox. And i got the question.

VM VirtualBox is running on my laptop ,My laptop and is wirelessly connected to internet using (REALTEC RTL8191SE WIRELESS LAN).
    For kali linux i both new wireless adapter (TP- Link 150Mbps Wireless Lite N Adapter),USB connected.

I got the question about Network setup on Oracle VM VirtualBox

What should i select so i can connect myself over the VM VirtualBox to the internetz wirelessly?
    I enabled the network adapter , but what should i select next? I want to be capable of making use of my (TP- Link 150Mbps Wireless Lite N Adapter.)

NOT ATTACHED
    NAT
    NAT NETWORK
    BRIDGED ADAPTER
    INTERNAL NETWORK
    HOST ONLY ADAPTER
    GENERIC DRIVER

If i choose bridged adapter im getting the following. It sees my built in wireless adapter. (but i dont understand if the option for cable connected should be connected or not).

Second thing i did is i added my USB connected ATHEROS USB2.0 WLAN. ( i think thats the TP- Link 150Mbps Wireless Lite N Adapter) Because i cannot find it anywhere else.

I started the Kali linux In hope i did everything correctly. Directly when i start te virtual box TP- Link 150Mbps Wireless Lite N Adapter turns itself off (stops blinking and never starts blinking again

I think it should start blinking once switched towards the virtual box ? Right? I pulled it out and placed it in again same thing. It doesnt.

iwconfig im getting

lo no wireless extensions

eth0 no wireless extensions

At VM Ware workstation 10 is working withough any problems. Adapter giving no problems at all. have no idea whats with Oracle VM VirtualBox . Get blue screen of death #uks up everything. Must be the destiny.

But can any of you at least tell me if Oracle VM VirtualBox configuration is correct. If not what should be changed to make use of TP- Link 150Mbps Wireless Lite N Adapter.

If your to lazy try telepaatically , but i doubth ill be capable of hearing you correctly. Im not blue dragon oriented.

Having the same issue. Seems like there is too many variables to really figure out.

It could be how its set up in VirtualBox(Bridged, NAT, etc.)
    It could be my devices apparently, according to avery short list of supported cards(I have a Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn and Belkin USB N600 F9L1101v1)
    It could also be that I haven't installed something correctly.

I am about 24 hours old with Linux and I understand that maybe its not working because virtualization is involved. I just don't feel comfortable with installing it as my main if I'm not sure it'll work any better. I have pretty much scoured the internet and tried my best to do everything right. I want to like Linux because it seems like freedom from Windows, but it doesn't seem like the grass is that much greener.