Hello everyone,

Just register in the forum to try to solve a problem that after tons of information readings from the internet, i could not find a conclusive solution. I apologize if this is a basic question, but I think before giving up once and for all trying to install the operating system and keep using it from a live DVD, I decided to ask here and pray that someone has had the same problem with the same hardware than mine, and has achieved some solution simply to be presented with the small screen with choice of system to boot.

Scenario description:

I have a notebook Asus K45A that came factory installed with Windows 8;
After checking i realized that its boot environment is: EFI
The original HD has two partitions: C (OS) and D (Data);
I burned the ISO image of Kali 1.0.7 downloaded through the site on a DVD (with ImgBurn);

The notebook’s HD has the following structure of partitions (disk manager):

(Some partitions do not appear in Explorer, so I'll list what appears in the "Status", "Capacity" and "% Free Space" columns in that order, because they are the only ones that change).

[]. Healthy (EFI System Partition); 300MB; 100%;
[]. Healthy (Recovery Partition); 600MB; 100%;
[]. Healthy (EFI System Partition); 15.63 GB; 100% (Partition created by me through a decreasing in C (OS)). After Kali installation in that partition, it simply no longer appears in Explorer and also changed its status to that.
[]. Healthy (Recovery Partition); 350MB; 100%;
[]. Healthy (Recovery Partition); 20GB; 100%;
[Data (D NTFS]. Healthy (Primary Partition); 258GB; 99%
[OS (C NTFS]. Healthy (Initialization, Paging File, etc. *); 170GB; 44%

As described, I created a 16GB partition through a decreasing in the system (C) partition using Paregon Disk Manager;
After the splitting, explorer showed me 3 partitions: C (OS); D (Date); F (Kali Linux);
Kali was installed in partition F through DVD with only the following parameter changes in "Partition disks" section:

. 1 Use as: Ext4 journaling file system;
. 2 Mount point: / -the root file system;
. 3 Bootable flag: On
. 4 Selecting ‘No’ in "Assign a swap partition";

After the system gives me the screen of success in Kali installation and restarts, the notebook boots but does not come up with the operating system choosing screen. It just starts Windows 8. Moreover, the partition on which i installed Kali disappears from view in explorer and ceases to be a normal partition to become a "EFI System Partition".

I searched a lot on the internet and could not find conclusive reports of users who have been successful in making a Dualboot with similar hardware than mine.

I would appreciate the help from the community to see if my problem is related with partitions or if installing the system through a bootable USB device would do the trick.

I’ll be happy with any hint.