Okay so I have a bunch of problems I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with. I'm running a Debian-based operating system, Kali Linux, on a dual boot on a disc on a Windows computer, and it's been really rough going.

So first, I tried to install Tor, downloaded the file, saved it to my Desktop, and it wouldn't just open and run by double clicking like it usually does, saying "there is no application installed for tar archive (xz-compressed) files tor." So I looked online and followed some steps to extract it, with 'cd Desktop/' then 'tar -xvf (file name)', but instead of running properly it just read me back another input output error.

But on top of that, just throughout using Linux, my Iceweasel keeps crashing, and when it's not crashing, it often won't start up, and there'll be an error that says:

"Failed to execute child process "Iceweasel" (input/output error)"

And sometimes I get the same error for even the terminal, so I can't even uninstall and reinstall Iceweasel or try running it from the Terminal. The only thing that sometimes works is restarting. But then I sometimes still get the input/output error for one of them.

It just seems like this shouldn't be this hard, with this many errors that I can't really trace to anything. Could there be something wrong with my hard drive? I verified the disc and it otherwise looks graphically normal, it's just all these little things.