Thread: mtpfs

mtpfs

Can we get the mtpfs package into repository?. I was searching for but is not available. Need to connect my S3. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dupek View Post
    Can we get the mtpfs package into repository?. I was searching for but is not available. Need to connect my S3. Thanks
    hi :-)
    if this can possibly help:
    I've tested (ONLY)to install a package mtpfs(out-debian-package)&&mtp-tools(from-repo)...I've not receive..errors!BUT i'm NOT test to """mounted-my-devices"

http://www.imagestime.com/show.php/965841_2.PNG.html

bye

Thanks. I downloaded and installed that package, but still have that error "Unknown error 150".
    Update: I read that the KDE is the problem and file "kioslave". Updated and still no joy. Installed the kio-mtp and nothing change. The some problem is in Gnome, so we have some distro problem. I hope that someone will resolve this quick. I did installed the VB and put winxp in it. Set the share folder. Will download Samsung drivers for xp and see how that work.
    Last edited by dupek; 2014-08-07 at 01:37.

mtpfs -solved ( I think)

The reason why my S3 could not get connected was that I was plug it into usb3 port. When plugged into usb2, did found my phone and I was able to navigate trough file manager. Shame on me. All the time, I was plugging into wrong usb port.

5. You need to install the *-devel packages of those "missing" dependencies.

6. I have searched and it have something like this ) Hope it can help you
    Package mtpfs
    squeeze (oldoldstable) (utils): système de fichiers FUSE pour les périphériques utilisant le protocole MTP
    0.9-3: amd64 armel i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc
    sid (unstable) (utils): système de fichiers FUSE pour les périphériques utilisant le protocole MTP
    1.1-5: alpha amd64 arm64 armel armhf hppa i386 m68k mips mipsel powerpc powerpcspe ppc64 ppc64el s390x sh4 sparc64 x32