Thread: Kali 1.0.8 doesn't support Haswell Graphics 4400+

Unhappy Kali 1.0.8 doesn't support Haswell Graphics 4400+

Hi,

I've worked day and night on trying to get Intel Graphics HD 4400 (Haswell) to run with Kali 1.0.8. I've been told left and right that I'm lost on this and should just give up and install something else.

Well. This is my last resort.

I posted a thread on reddit about my issue, which I'm going to refer to here as well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/debian/comme...orking_debian/

The graphics driver is outdated for this kernel making my resolution 3200x1800 with no ability to change it. It's just not something that I can work in.

I really hope for an updated version of Kali Linux, perferrably with jessie repos to support hardware of 2013/2014.

To everyone that tried to help me on IRC, I really appreciate the help I got even though we never found a solution.

Anyone with ideas on this? Is there a guide to run Debian with Kali respitories or make it Kali-like? I'm stressed out cause of uni this autum basically forcing me to use Kali environment on a laptop (which I thought would run flawlessly).

I will be following this post very closely as my Inspiron 15 also uses VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller which I need to get installed so that I can change the resolution and get to a USEABLE Kali for my projects. I shouldn't have to purchase a new laptop.... There has to be SOMETHING.

same problem with the 4400 graphics...I mean kali is working awesome....but i cant adjust resolution or anything i learn more everyday but some things i cant fix or adjust at all ugh lol

I have also the same problem on my dual video card laptop with intel 4400 . I have try to change the vga on linux installation , but no result.
    I really hope that the kernel will be updated.

I have exactly the same problem Sony Vaio with dual video card with Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller and Nvidia. Intel isnt working at all Hope this will be fixed soon!!

Same here, Inspiron 15, Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller with Nvidia Optimus, display not detected (unknown), cursor disappears when hovering over animated parts of screen, even tried reinstalling Intel and Nvidia drivers, very freaking annoying.