Thread: Macbook Pro Retina 2014 Install (Network Issues)

Macbook Pro Retina 2014 Install (Network Issues)

Hey everyone,

This is my first post so sorry if i am repeating a known issue but i had a quick look and couldn't find what i needed.

So just bought a new macbook pro retina and would love to be able to run kali linux as either a dual boot or through parallels as a live boot of a usb, or for that matter just a live usb boot. However, every time i have done this i have had huge issues with my network card not being found or existing.

Any help would be awesome!!

Specs:
    Macbook Pro Retina 2014
    2.6Ghz Intel i5
    16GB RAM

Good to know if you got a solution

Dear
    i have the same problem so i would be thankful if you tell me if you got a solution .
    Thanks

The wireless card or thunderbolt nic adapter?

Thunderbolt adapter needs to be plugged in before booting Kali. For wireless, youll need to install the Broadcom drivers for the wireless card.

Quote Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
    The wireless card or thunderbolt nic adapter?

Thunderbolt adapter needs to be plugged in before booting Kali. For wireless, youll need to install the Broadcom drivers for the wireless card.
    Could you go into greater detail of how to install the Broadcom drivers? I am having the same issue on my mid 2014 macbook pro.

I have the package from their website, but I don't know how to implement it. I am fairly new at using Kali so a detailed process would be most helpful.
    Last edited by MrBagels1; 2014-10-25 at 17:51.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBagels1 View Post
    I have the package from their website, but I don't know how to implement it. I am fairly new at using Kali so a detailed process would be most helpful.
    Try this: http://samiux.blogspot.de/2014/02/ho...k-air-mid.html

My issue now is that I'm unable to enter monitor mode with the 43a0...

Most of the Macbooks use broadcom adapters not capable of using monitor mode.
    Try picking up one of the known compatiable ones from the forums here I have the TP Link and works great for monitor mode when I plug it into the macbook pro

You could also try this:

nano /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
    #Changed managed to true and not false then save
    service network-manager restart
    Last edited by lillypad; 2015-02-20 at 11:51.

Need to keep in mind that if network card is not detected by udevd, there is a driver issue. Please be more specific as to wifi card or eth card in your laptop. I'm sure you will get a better help with the info.

Do not get me wrong, but we do not have to know the Mac's hardware or any other laptop brand's hardware, so please, if you can supply the network card specs, we would appreciate it.

Luck.