I installed Kali with a duel boot with windows 8.1 pro (computer had win 7 but i upgraded). My first installation went great till i tried to install Nvidia drivers and everything went to ****. So i formatted my whole hard drive and tried again. Got windows installed no problem, but now when i install Kali, Kali boots to the ctrl-alt-f1 screen, sometimes freezes or sometimes if i wait a couple minutes will boot fine. When i boot windows, while its loading, the bottom half of the screen has some sort of graphical error with either the Kali Linux background showing or a rainbow color. Then windows will either start up fine or the bottom half will not load and be black and the top half of the screen will be the bottom half of my desktop( hope that is not to confusing). i have installed Kali a total of 3 times and this has happened every time except the first time. I have no idea what is wrong. Right now i have windows 8.1 without Kali installed. i have Kali 1.0.8 on a dvd but i am nervous to try to install again because i don't want to mess up my computer again. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?