Thread: OpenVAS login broken...

OpenVAS login broken...

It was working fine last I tried to launch it, but now it gives me a "login failed" message when I try to use the admin account.

I ended up just trying to create a new account to reset the admin password with, as per a fix from a google search, but I can't log into the newly minted user either. What the heck?

I also tried connecting via the GUI, which I'd never done before, and it gives me an error message about checking the address and port (I tried 127.0.0.1:9392, localhost:9392, and the 9390 port that was in there by default, in case 9392 is specific to the web app)

did you try using "root" for admin username?? then whatever password you made for admin account ? idk bro :/

I haven't tried that yet... But I was logging in for almost a full month with admin for username and the password I set up, then one day, bam, it quit working, and once again, I've tried creating new accounts through the command line, and it says they're successfully created, but I can't log into them. Something somewhere is screwed up with the authentication process, but I don't know what or where.

Bump, still trying to figure this one out. I found a script that lets you modify user passwords by changing the user file when run as root, so I changed a couple of the passwords, restarted the openvas services through the lazykali script, and it STILL says login failed when I try to log in. I'm stumped.

I'd rebuild OpenVAS, but I tried that once before, and just ended up reinstalling my entire OS, which ended up being a more straightforward solution, sadly.