Thread: troubleshooting cuda graphics on kali 1.0.9

troubleshooting cuda graphics on kali 1.0.9

I am running a 64bit system as GNOME and I cant get the OpenCl to load correctly for pyrit the driver i have installed the propriety drivers for my AMD Radeon 8400 HD but it always says that no device is detected and i found nothing in specs saying that that is incompatible.

I have ran every autoinstall for the sdk and propriety drivers but errors always pops up even though my computer recognizes the card it just uses a generic driver
    Last edited by Zero2110; 2014-08-31 at 17:31.

now I may have figured a way to get the driver to work I need the package
    xfree86
    but everytime and it seems to be discontinued or name changed

I noticed two key things in your post.

First, you have an AMD Radeon 8400 HD

Second, you are trying to install CUDA.

CUDA is only for NVIDIA cards. I don't have an ATI card but i'm 95% sure you want OpenCL.

Also my propriety drivers fail at the last step of install every time I am not sure what to do I need my graphics card correctly configured for pyrit

There are TWO distinct packages and TWO distinct drivers for TWO distinct brands of GPU. They don't support mix n mash.

AMD=well, AMD I guess....raedeon. You can not use CUDA or Nvidia drivers or software at all!

Nvidia GPU's contain CUDA cores but not all Nvidia cards will support the CUDA software needed to run parallel processing.

my problem is with the driver I acualy had the driver installed and then I used Paradon Partition Suite and it ruined my driver and now I cant get the driver back to install I know I used apt-get commands for it to be properly configured but I cant find the command I used anywere