Thread: VMware new install can not log in

VMware new install can not log in

Just installed the new KALI 1.0.9 and followed all the steps withing the guide. My memory is set at 2g, and chip is set at auto. everything else is set for auto as well. When the open screen comes up the only thing that shows is "other" so I click on that and I have tried typing in root, ROOT, /root, and my domain name that I gave for my home network along with my password and nothing is working to get me into the system. So I thought that I did something wrong and I have erased and reinstalled three times with the same results. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by reeper28 View Post
    Just installed the new KALI 1.0.9 and followed all the steps withing the guide. My memory is set at 2g, and chip is set at auto. everything else is set for auto as well. When the open screen comes up the only thing that shows is "other" so I click on that and I have tried typing in root, ROOT, /root, and my domain name that I gave for my home network along with my password and nothing is working to get me into the system. So I thought that I did something wrong and I have erased and reinstalled three times with the same results. Any ideas?
    Select other and then enter the username 'root' without quotes and the password 'toor' (root backwards) without quotes.

I tried that and still nothing. I loaded up the 64bit version if that helps. And did the full install rather than the live CD. Also I am loading the image to a external hard drive. When it comes to the part of partition the hard drive I select the full guided, then all files to one for beginners, then at the summery page I just hit finish and install. I do select the grub for new system. And I did not select the network mirror this time. Still can not log on to the system. I have tried with system default, gnome, and classic.